Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review of "Nobody's Perfect"


Kallypso Masters has delivered another great book in her series Rescue Me. Her third installment "Nobody's Perfect" is the story of Damian Orlando and Savannah Baker. It begins eight years after they've lost touch with each other. Savannah is running for her and her daughter's life and heads to the only person she can trust; Damian.

I suggest readers begin with the free Prequel on Amazon.com "Masters at Arms". That is where you'll find the beginning of Savannah's and Damian's story.

Being with Damian reawakens repressed memories and feelings she does want to keep hidden--buried. Sex is associated with pain and she doesn't want the feelings Damian is awakening. But she can't help remember that one day eight years ago and constantly reminds herself she can trust Damian and sex with him is more like love. Something Savi's never experienced for a man.

Damian has turned to SM to regain control of his life and emotions and fulfills the role of Service Top to "bottoms" in the club in need of catharsis by whipping or other SM practices he is skilled at delivering. But he could never deliver that level of pain to Savi, who needs someone gentle and loving, not the man he has become. But when Savi witnesses a cathartic whipping scene on her first night at the club--delivered by Damian--she begins to wonder if this Damian could also help her regain control of her life and reclaim her sexuality and identity.

Don't dismiss this story as another erotic novel by the blurb above. While it is in that category. I have to say this story is an emotional roller coaster for those who've experienced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD and those who haven't.

The scenes are volatile, but love and care is given just as much attention as delving into her psyche to reveal secrets Savi's long repressed.

(Quote) "It will never be okay. I will never be okay. I'm too broken." "Nobody's perfect, Savi. Hell, look at me. But you'll always be perfect to me."

In my own situation as with the characters, counseling has been a part of their recovery. Keep an open mind when reading the book.

This book was by far the most emotionally charged of the series. Don't get me wrong I've loved all of the books so far. I was on edge with Savi and her dealing with PTSD; not to take away what Damien was going through, but you'll see he's worked through a lot of his PTSD through BDSM in earlier books.

(Quote) "Savi held onto his wounded leg, wrapping both arms around it and laid her forehead against his knee. She wished she could shed tears for him, but she hadn't been able to cry in... forever."

Kallypso has kept the story responsible, loving and cathartic. By the end the characters have come to a solution, but their happy ever after is going to take a while and more sessions to get Savi to where she's fully healed.

(Quote) "Marisol told me once you'd forgotten you were a princess. I just wanted to make sure you never forget again. You're my princess, Savita. I'll never let anything happen to you. I'll slay your dragons. I'll chase away the demons that invade your sleep - and, trust me, I know they will come - but they're no match for me, my love. I'll be there for you no matter what - if you'll let me be."

Review of Down and Out in London and Paris By George Orwell   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。